Monday, February 14, 2011

In the midst of it all...

It is now 4(!) days out from departure. AH!
    Friday, I got to catch up with an amazing old friend who I couldnt be more proud of, and then I had a few awesomely wonderful friends drive all the way down from Jax just to spend a couple of hours hangin and dancin at Cowboys even though it was totally dead! I couldn't believe it, but it was actually really fun (Cowboys always is, this just proves it!) the rest of the crowd that night was a hoot to be around. I am really lucky to have such great friends.
    Things are coming together, but with every item checked off the list, there seems to be another one appearing. However, in the midst of it all, I seem to be keeping a level head. It's been crazy, don't get me wrong, and when I think about it for too long the anxiety and nervous-excitement definitely build, BUT I'm not worried. Maybe a little stressed, but not worried. I'm confident I'll be packed in time (within the weight limit) and have (most) of my paperwork in order... so hears to hoping!
    For those of you who know of my recent adventures with packing... I did get talked into bringing my backpack. So if anyone knows anyone else traveling in the Orlando, Frankfurt, or Vienna airports, or riding the DeutscheBahn in the next 1-2 weeks, they might tell you that they saw the most hilarious thing: "I saw this thing pulling 2 suitcases with another bag under it's arm, it was moving rather slow hunched over with a big hump on the back - I swear that it was a Turtle! Looked just like it - Imagine! A turtle carrying luggage through the airport (on a train)!"
UGH. Backpacks.
No offense to anyone that has a backpack, but I am just [obviously] not a fan.
    Now, besides that. I believe I have just spent 2.5 hours with my sister's tech-savvy boyfriend getting my phone set up to work in Europe. I'm not exactly sure how it works... all of the paperwork and prompts are in German! Haha, but soon enough I will know it by myself, no translation needed! Thanks again to my Amazing friends, Simeon & Julia, for thinking ahead for me :).
    Next on the checklist: [Lightweight, waterproof, non-slip, breathable boots = Check. You have no idea how hard these are to find.] Wake up reeeallly early (not today) and go get my 21-yr-old license =). Then get my International Driver's License. Then, back up (NOT move) files on external hard-drive, for safe keeping. And Email, Email, Pack, Email, Pack, Pack, Email, And Pack some more.
    I can't decide whether I am bringing too much, or not enough. As it is, I'll be buying quite a few things over there, but I'm beginning to think I need to downsize my items again (despite the 6 times I've already done it), juuuust in case. Maybe I'll post pictures of the before and after.

Goodness, where has the time gone.

    Please, pray/ask for patience and some extra-amazing organization skills for me. Or some sort of epiphany that I should go with only the clothes on my back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment